Amicacola Falls State Park

Amicacola Falls State Park

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

23 Hours

OK TEAM.

Last night everyone got together to be merry at the Shire. We ate and drank and sang songs and danced and it was lovely. I uploaded some pics of the evening to imgur. My link there is mikedemanche.imgur.com . I think I may have told some people the wrong thing earlier, so thats the right one. Here is a hyperlink to it. Bookmark that or refer to this post or whatever, because imgur is a lot easier for me to upload too, especially when we're out there. If I want to actually post photos to the blog I need to do them one at a time, and hopefully I'll be taking enough that I won't have time to upload them one at a time. Photos will hopefully be a big priority out there on the trail. Writing out text posts will require either lots of time typing on my phone, which is exhausting to my thumbs and the battery, or by sitting at a computer in town. I'd much rather let you know whatever I can through the visual communication that is a photo. Plus like, its worth a thousand word each, so, what a deal.


Right now I'm cleaning my room, drinking coffee, and frantically trying to remember what it is I need to do. The whole like, "make sure all your affairs for the next 6 months are in order" thing is terrifying. I take solace in the fact that I'll have my phone if when I realize I forgot something big, and I will of course be "out of service" if any bad news is trying to find me.


So that's that for now. I guess I might write a post on the bus or something if I get the chance. Photos to follow. Another blog post this afternoon with the gear list.



Oh, and Mr. Holmquist says the blog is bland. Obviously he is not satisfied with my clever prose and colloquial tone. If anyone knows how to like, make the blog better, comment on it.

2 comments: